The search for the right rental property can be relentless.
It can be tempting to rush into deciding on a property. However, it is important that you make the right the decision. There is a lot to consider and you may have to compromise on one or two things.
The most important thing is to make sure you are happy with whatever decision you make because you may be living there for a long time.
There are a couple of key things you should consider when searching for a rental property that will make the difference between the average and the ideal.
Below is a list of questions you should be asking when viewing a potential property.
- How close is the local shop? Are the opening hours decent enough?
- What are the transport links like?
- Is there a gym nearby?
- Does the walk from the train station/bus stop feel safe?
- Is there enough cooking space?
- Are there enough kitchen cabinets? Food storage, pans etc.
- What is provided? Will you need to provide your own pots and pans etc.?
- Is there enough space in the fridge/freezer?
- How many people will be sharing the kitchen? Is there enough space?
- Is there a separate toilet to the bathrooms?
- Is there a communal television or will you need your own?
- How much dining space is there?
- Is there an en-suite provided, or will you be sharing a bathroom?
- If sharing a bathroom, with how many people will this be?
- Is there decent storage in the bedroom for all of your clothes etc.?
- Is there a TV aerial provided, if needed?
- What are the other tenants like?
- Is there space provided to store a bicycle?
- What is the condition of the house? Any damp?
- Is it kept clean by the rest of the tenants?
- Who is managing the property and what is their reputation like?
Most importantly, if you have answers to all of the questions above and are happy with them, then the final question you have to ask is this – can you see yourself living there?
Hopefully, the above will have a small hand in helping you find the perfect property. If you want to check out the rooms we currently have available, then click here.